||[Feb. 28th, 2009|01:00 am]
alicia with a lisp.
hi okay so. NEW YORK! it was awesome.|
anyways. that was my trip. im glad to be home, and im glad to have a night to myself (finally!) tonight to decompress from it. im done with traveling for a while i think.
- i left really early saturday morning and the flight sucked. never flying american airlines again because their seats were so small! i felt -too tall- for them, and im like, below average height for an american. what the heck.
- got in and lizz met me!! lizz!! you guys. remember her? remember this? remember when my whole life fell apart many moons ago and the one person i had been conditioned to not trust completely saved me? yeah. her. so we went back to her place and i de-planed myself and we went with jk to eat at lokal and then had milkshakes at williamsburger.
- we were all pretty zonked after that, so we went to lizz's to power-nap ... which resulted in all of us sort of waking up at 1am ... and deciding to go out anyways! so lizz and i went to don hills for some rated x party which really ultimately resulted in a pretty embarrasing photo on a popular "party photo" website. woops! (i mean, its not that bad, im going "buhh?" and lizz looks like a 6 year old a little bit. so.)
- also there was a "hot body" contest. reactions here. totally saw some strung out new-wavers fruit bowl. barf.
- sunday, we went to brunch with jk at westville. it was a little lack-luster, but not anything worse than what id make at home. i guess that was sort of the problem too, it wasnt anything better than what id make at home either. we went to urban and then went back to lizz's and i prettied myself to go see the toasters, new york ska jazz ensemble, dave hillyard and the rocksteady seven, westbound train, hub city stompers, and special guest dj agent j from the slackers. it was totally weird being at a ska show where i didnt know anybody except band members. haha.
- at one point there was a dude who was like, saving my spot/protecting me from the jackass kids in the pit. we started talking and i mentioned that i used to live in chicago and he was like, "oh do you know maud from jump up?" aka maud_amanda . my first reaction was, of course, "god dammit maud!". fucking small ass world.
- i got really drunk at the after party. the dj was playing sleater kinney and i gave him guff and made him play bikini kill. so then i drunkenly sang 'rebel girl' in this mostly-empty-except-for-members-of-ska-bands bar. AWESOME JOB, ALITHEA.
- when i got back to lizz's (at like, 430am), there was crying and some heart-to-heart and man, i am so fucking thankful for lizz.
- monday we ate at red bamboo (best pic) and took some pictures and then went and got tattoos! myles karr @ saved did them and he was awesome. we took the train up to 72nd and saw MARK who i used to work with at urban! best dude! we also ate at s'mac with kristen and jk and then had deserts at momofuku milk bar.
- instead of going out on my last night in nyc, we stayed in and i got my ass handed to me playing scene it. fuck that game forever.
- then i flew home and read 400 pages of a piece of cake by cupcake brown which im totally into because, well, ive spent 20+ years trying to understand addiction without experiencing it first hand and this book really strikes that chord with me.